Dec 28, 2004

Dialogue With Stone

"I don't trust, Stone. It's got me down."
"This doesn't?"
"I don't think of it."
"Start."
"But I don't trust. I've fallen into this culture of despair."
"So there you are."
"You can keep talking. It doesn't bother me."
"I don't have faith. I don't believe my instincts. I've hit a wall."
"Just don't let go, we're almost there."
"What do you care?"
No reply.
"It's middle age, isn't it? I'm at that stage they talk about. what does your life amount to? You can't appreciate anything you've done. Everything seems like failure."
"Everything? Not your children."
"Of course."
"Well, then. What else?"
"I can't let go my ego, that's the problem."
"Keep pushing, you're almost there."
"Everything I can think of I have already thought of."
"Too bad you can't go to a library."
"Even if I could."
"A few more steps.... Anyway, why do you need faith, you have me..."
"I'd like to have something bigger."
"Pathetic."
"I know that. Don't you think I don't know that?"
"We're there. See you at the bottom.

No comments: